Debra is a highly qualified and experienced Couple Therapist with ten years’ experience in directly helping couples rebuild their relationships.
Debra has supported couples in healing their relationships from a range of issues. For example… affairs and other secrets, personal identity, retirement adjustment, physical or mental ill health, prejudice or lack of understanding, communication difficulties such as rows or not talking, disagreements over money/sex/children.
"Couple therapy is about working together to figure out how you've got into a difficult place; and with compassion, guidance and psychological knowledge... ...find a way through"
- Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Approved Practitioner of Couple Therapy for Depression, Tavistock Relationships,
- MSc Counselling Psychology, Keele University,
- Qualified and Practising Relate Practitioner
- University Advanced Diploma in Couple Counselling, Relate, 2008-2010
- Four-year training in Existential /Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy, 1990-1994
Experience over past 28 years
- 10 years as Relate counsellor
- 5 years working with couples and individuals with mild to moderate mental health issues, such as couples where one partner is depressed. Included several years as GP surgery counsellor.
- 4 years working with couples and individuals affected by cancer, such as couples where one partner’s cancer diagnosis has affected the relationship
- 10 years monitoring/improving quality of care services in the NHS
- 8 years working with people with severe mental ill-health, including 4 years as a manager
- Several years teaching and training adults and teenagers in aspects of relationships, such as healthy relationships, separated parents and counselling skills.
Debra offers 4 slots a week on a Tuesday afternoon/ evening.
Space is limited, we are now taking bookings
Please email: email@example.com or text 07835 177 251